Happy Almost Mother’s Day!Posted: May 5, 2011
I am very happy to report that I was able to scoot home for a quick visit last night to celebrate an early mother’s day with my beloved Dubs. Boston is a 1:45 drive from where I grew up right outside of Hartford, CT so an overnight is not only doable, but also pleasant. Although the visit was brief it was chock-full of goodness. Activities included: a visit to my grandmother, classic Grant’s dinner in the center, reading on the couch in the living room, and chatting over a breakfast of oatmeal and coffee. I am truly lucky to have such wonderful family so close. In honor of incredible mothers like mine everywhere, I have pulled together my top 5 gifts for the holiday that are full of love without breaking the bank.
- Beautiful flowers – save your money by not ordering the vase which most mothers have any way and spend instead on their most gorgeous blooms
- A great book – my gift of choice was “UNBROKEN” by Laura Hillenbrand, which is to die for
- Manicure/Pedicure – who doesn’t want one of those?
- A bight, colorful pair of Jcrew wedge flip flops to pair with white capris
- A cookbook – Gwenyth Paltrow’s new book is beautiful
Below are some shots from home; the yard is coming to life!